Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Higgins <Da...@austin.rr.com> on 2003/01/29 16:48:09 UTC

Possible CLOSE_WAIT problem

Hi,

If I set my maxProcessors sufficiently low (say 5), then run a script from
another machine that floods Tomcat with requests for a given JSP, eventually
Tomcat stops accepting socket connections at all.

Ok, that's to be expected when every processor thread is busy. BUT, when the
flood stops, all the threads let their socket connections remain in
CLOSE_WAIT and they never close them. This causes Tomcat to NEVER accept new
connections, until it's restarted.

I'm seeing this problem happen on a site with 600 max processors.
Eventually, it stops accepting connections and has to be restarted, every
couple days.

This is Tomcat 4.0.6 on Windows 2000, JDK 1.4.1_01.

Any idears??

Regards,
-Dan

Re: Possible CLOSE_WAIT problem

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Having just taken a look at the code, it does seem that this is a bug for
Tomcat 4.1 with the CoyoteConnector.  Could you please submit it at
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla?