Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Bruce Albrecht <br...@zuhause.org> on 2003/09/11 07:53:02 UTC

Re: [Mason] problem with RPM instalation of Apache and Mod_perl on RedHat and Mason

Must you send multiple copies of this to both the modperl and mason
mailing lists?  I don't use Red Hat Linux, but my first suggestion is
to scrap it in favor of some other version of Linux, or maybe even
FreeBSD.  RedHat has a tendency to use development versions of Perl
and other software in their release (without identifying it as such),
and it's known to be buggy (in particular, Red Hat's version of perl
5.8.0 and mod_perl 2.0).  Mason was written with Apache 1.x and
mod_perl, and use with Apache 2.x/mod_perl 2.0 is not supported, and
probably won't be supported until mod_perl 2.0 is finally released.