Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Ruben Reusser <rr...@headwire.com> on 2009/12/14 20:13:51 UTC

form field positions in the pdf

sorry for reposting this on the dev list - I did not get any response on
the user list for this post. I am wondering if this is even supported in
PDFBox. Thanks for your help

Ruben

Hi,

I am new to PDFBox and like it very much, however, I am trying to find
out the positions of the acroform fields on a page and fail to do so. I
was hoping to use the PDFStreamEngine to find out the positions of the
*form* fields but can't figure out to do that. Am doing this wrong?

I also tried to iterate over the AcroForm Fields and retrieve the
rectanlge for each field but it seems that does not give me the correct
position of the *form* field on the screen.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ruben