Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jose sanchez <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/12 02:17:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Authentication

Hello:

I am experiencing some problems with apache
authentication. I have created a .htaccess file in the
directory I want to be available to valid-users. I
created the password file and added users but, I am
unable to authenticate. Anybody can just access the
"private" page. Heres my .htaccess file:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Statistics"
AuthUserFile /usr/apache/users/private
AuthGroupFile /bin/false
require valid-user

The AccessFileName in http.conf file IS .htaccess.

Also...
whmicro-www:/home/www/logs# /usr/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_auth_digest.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper
/usr/apache/bin/suexec

Do I need to do something else?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Re: [users@httpd] Authentication

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
jose sanchez wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am experiencing some problems with apache
> authentication. I have created a .htaccess file in the
> directory I want to be available to valid-users. I
> created the password file and added users but, I am
> unable to authenticate. Anybody can just access the
> "private" page. Heres my .htaccess file:
>
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "Statistics"
> AuthUserFile /usr/apache/users/private
> AuthGroupFile /bin/false
> require valid-user
>
> The AccessFileName in http.conf file IS .htaccess.
<snip>

Have you tried removing AuthGroupFile /bin/false?

I'm just guessing though as I don't use .htaccess files.