Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rob Breeds <Ro...@uk.ibm.com> on 2002/02/04 21:13:12 UTC

form target to different frame leaves current frame busy

I've got a problem with forms and frames I hadn't noticed until now. Two
frames - input form in one, which when submitted, the results appear in the
second. Works functionally (results appear in target frame) but the mouse
cursor remains with hourglass image when it is over the source frame.

I am submitting a form with a link, using a JavaScript function like so:

.
.
.
="javascript:subForm(document.forms[0],'Entity.Advanced');"><bean:message
key="link.add_detail"/></html:link>
.
.

the JS functions used is:
function subForm(iform, act) {
  validate(iform, act);
  iform.action="Publish." + act + ".do";
  iform.submit();
}

where act is the action to perform, e.g. if act='Chapter' then the
'Publish.Chapter.do' is set as the form action.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Rob