Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Anish Sneh <an...@techblue.co.uk> on 2008/08/20 15:42:18 UTC

Problem in reading NON-LATIN fonts (HWPF)

Hi all

I need to read MS Word Doc using POI (hwpf).....
I need to read NON-LATIN font. But unable to do...

when it reads NON-LATIN (hindi, chinese or punjabi) it displays question
marks (??????????)...

Plz help
--

Thanks & Regards,
Anish Sneh

Re: Problem in reading NON-LATIN fonts (HWPF)

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Anish Sneh wrote:
> I need to read MS Word Doc using POI (hwpf).....
> I need to read NON-LATIN font. But unable to do...

HWPF has several unicode related unit tests, which all work fine.

Are you sure you're not getting the unicode strings back, but then failing
to print them properly to your screen?

Nick