Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kannan Jayaprakasam <ka...@arcot.com> on 2010/08/31 08:08:03 UTC

Lifecycle service init doesn't get called.

I have an axis2 aar webservice deployed in Tomcat. My service implements org.apache.axis2.service.Lifecycle.
The serviceClass's init(ServiceContext) method doesn't at all get called. There is no error message seen in the tomcat logs what is going on. I only see a sentence in the Catalina logs that the application has been deployed. How am I to proceed? Please advice.

Thanks
Kannan

RE: Lifecycle service init doesn't get called.

Posted by Kannan Jayaprakasam <ka...@arcot.com>.
I found the solution. In the services.xml (that I had generated using maven wsdl2code command) did not have the scope="application". I had noticed it since the beginning but assumed it won't have any effect. Finally I gave up and introduced it

<serviceGroup>

    <service name="hehehe" scope="application">

And it worked. What a cruel behaviour.

--Kannan