Posted to user@spark.apache.org by lfiaschi <lu...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/18 13:19:28 UTC

BigQuery connector for pyspark via Hadoop Input Format example

I have a large dataset stored into a BigQuery table and I would like to load
it into a pypark RDD for ETL data processing.

I realized that BigQuery supports the Hadoop Input / Output format

https://cloud.google.com/hadoop/writing-with-bigquery-connector

and pyspark should be able to use this interface in order to create an RDD
by using the method "newAPIHadoopRDD".

http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/python/pyspark.html

Unfortunately, the documentation on both ends seems scarce and goes beyond
my knowledge of Hadoop/Spark/BigQuery. Is there anybody who has figured out
how to do this?

Thanks!