Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pw...@micron.com> on 2018/06/08 17:47:44 UTC

Copying small portions of code form other Apache Projects

I'm working on some changes and found that the exact code I need, along with a lot of code I can make derivatives from, are buried in the Apache Ant project.
I'm not going to include Ant as a dependency, just copy some code from it.

Should there be some annotation on the code/license entry/anything for this use?

Thanks,
  Peter

Re: Copying small portions of code form other Apache Projects

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yes - we should reference the code being utilized.  See the top level
nifi NOTICE for similar examples.  This is the source code NOTICE and
it should be reflected there.

Thanks