Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/02 00:26:44 UTC

One more problem with the new layout

After building the code, switching into example and starting it up,
precommit fails with complaints about solr/example/lib being not under
source code control.

Of course, how much of this is pilot error I'm not quite sure....

Erick

RE: One more problem with the new layout

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

I think this problem is caused by relicts from the previous checkout layout. Because the solr/example/ is no longer under IVY's control and some directories that were previously handled by svn:exclude are now obsolete. This happens if you svn upped a previous checkout but not completely cleaned it. You have 2 possibilities:

- Use a fresh checkout
- Run one time "ant clean clean-jars" from root folder and afterwards remove all files reported by "svn status" as "unversioned" (Tortoise SVN has a task to do this, otherwise do some sed/xargs/... stuff). After that you have a clean checkout

If I do this, all works correct, except one problem I have (which existed before the cleanup, too)...

Here is the problem: After running "ant run-example":

     [java] 2230 [main] ERROR org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter  û Could not start Solr. Check solr/home property and the logs
     [java] 2260 [main] ERROR org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore  û null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: solr.xml does not exist in C:\Users\Uwe Schindler\Projects\lucene\branch_5x-1\solr\example\solr\solr.xml cannot start Solr

The folder does not exist here! I have not tried out trunk.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen