Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by norbi <no...@rocknob.de> on 2014/08/20 16:14:16 UTC

hdfs dfsclient, possible to force storage datanode ?

hi list,

we have 52 DNs and more hundred clients they are store and read data
from hdfs. one rack has 3 DNs and about 15 clients.

it is possible to force (if space is available) that  these 15 clients
prefer the 3 DNs located in there own rack to store and read data?

racklocation.conf with "org.apache.hadoop.net.NetworkTopology" is
allready in use, but this does not help in this case

thanks

Re: hdfs dfsclient, possible to force storage datanode ?

Posted by norbi <no...@rocknob.de>.
can't find infos about that in 2.5 documentation and changelog?

Posted by norbi <no...@rocknob.de>.

Posted by norbi <no...@rocknob.de>.

Posted by norbi <no...@rocknob.de>.

Posted by Tirupati Reddy <re...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop 2.5

--
Tirru

Re: hdfs dfsclient, possible to force storage datanode ?

Posted by Tirupati Reddy <re...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop 2.5

--
Tirru

Re: hdfs dfsclient, possible to force storage datanode ?

Posted by Tirupati Reddy <re...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop 2.5

--
Tirru

Re: hdfs dfsclient, possible to force storage datanode ?

Posted by Tirupati Reddy <re...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop 2.5

--
Tirru

Re: hdfs dfsclient, possible to force storage datanode ?

Posted by norbi <no...@rocknob.de>.
hadoop 2.0 (cloudera cdh 4.7)

Posted by norbi <no...@rocknob.de>.
hadoop 2.0 (cloudera cdh 4.7)