Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Xiang Wang <xi...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/19 02:15:01 UTC

define a cycle in storm topology

Hello,

I come with a requirement where bolt A needs to receive stream from bolt B
while blot B also needs to receive some stream updates from blot A.

Is it possible to define such a cycle topology in storm?
If not possible, is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Best,
Xiang

Re: define a cycle in storm topology

Posted by Xiang Wang <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your kind reply. I have solved this problem based your
suggestion.
Thanks:)

Best,
Xiang

-------------------------------
Xiang Wang PhD Candidate
Database Research Group
School of Computer Science and Engineering
The University of New South Wales
Sydney, Australia

Posted by Xiang Wang <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sai,

Thank you for your kind reply. The problem has been solved based your
suggestion.
Actually, there is no need to add bolt C. We can simply redirect the output
of B to A by adding B as one of A's incoming stream sources.

Best,
Xiang

-------------------------------
Xiang Wang PhD Candidate
Database Research Group
School of Computer Science and Engineering
The University of New South Wales
Sydney, Australia

Posted by Sai Dilip Reddy Kiralam <dk...@aadhya-analytics.com>.
Hi Ziang,