Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by David Terk <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/01 19:18:38 UTC

Using Velocity with Various Javascript Libraries - Possible Naming Conflicts?

Hey folks,

I have a question regarding the use of javascript and macros.  Today a lot
of javascript libraries have script such as $(element...) in order to grab
specific HTML elements.  Based on what I have read in the VTL reference it
looks like this would be ignored by the engine and rendered as standard
text.  I am hoping that someone could confirm this.

Additionally, perhaps someone could point out some potential problems (if
any) when using Velocity Macros to render Javascript.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: Using Velocity with Various Javascript Libraries - Possible Naming Conflicts?

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Please don't cross post to both lists.  This is a user question (about
developing *with* Velocity), not a dev question (about developing
Velocity itself).