Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Colin Evans <co...@metaweb.com> on 2008/06/13 00:03:00 UTC

Hadoop presentations at the next Freebase user group meeting

Hi everyone!

We'll be having two talks on Hadoop usage at an upcoming Freebase user
group meeting on June 17th at 6:30pm.

I'll be talking about how we're using Hadoop with Jython to process
Wikipedia and the Freebase data graph, and Justin Bonnar will be talking
about using Hadoop to compute clustering coefficients for small-world
network analysis on the Freebase graph.

We'll also be having a presentation by Max Lansing from Powerset on
their NLP search and how it uses Freebase, a talk by Toby Segaran
(author of Programming Collective Intelligence) on data mining financial
data from the SEC in Freebase, a talk by Kurt Bollacker on data mining
Wikipedia, and at talk by Kirrily Robert on new features in Freebase.

Sign up if you're planning on coming - space can be limited.

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/760574

Thanks
Colin Evans