Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Jeff <j....@gmail.com> on 2015/09/18 01:50:22 UTC

Developer questions

Hi,
	I trying to understand how Nifi is to be used in a large production environment.  Nifi has the concept of a graph where multiple processors / processor groups can be placed.  Is the idea to have all running processor on a single graph organized by processor groups?  Comparing to Informatica’s data integration tool, workflows are used to organize sessions and a session is an instance of a mapping and a mapping has one or more sources, targets and transformations.  From a user interface perspective, the Nifi graph is similar to Informatica’s workflow.  Informatica also has the concept of a project folder which is used to organize workflows, mappings, etc…

Also, what is the process for making updates to a template?

Thanks for your help.

-cb

RE: Developer questions

Posted by Rick Braddy <rb...@softnas.com>.