Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/27 22:26:48 UTC

OpenJPA trunk is open for business

OpenJPA committers,

An 2.0.0-M1 branch has been created (Thanks, Mike!) for the M1 release.
Commits can now resume on trunk.
Happy committing,
-Jeremy

Re: OpenJPA trunk is open for business

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
David, I can work on releasing the artifact if you're time would be
better spent on resolving ActiveMQ and TCK problems for our upcoming
Geronimo releases.

-Donald

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi David,

On Jan 27, 2009, at 4:30 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> If you guys are happy with the current state of the 2.0 persistence
> api jar I'll see about starting a release vote tomorrow.
>
> My reading of the spec leads me to think we're supposed to make it
> very clear anything based on it is early access so I plan to use a
> version number of 1.0-EA-1.  Suggestions welcomed :-)

The jar will surely change between now and finalization so flagging
the jar as EA is appropriate.

Craig

> Do you read the spec labeling requirements differently?
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jan 27, 2009, at 1:42 PM, Michael Dick wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> There are two (AFAIK) outstanding questions regarding the new
>> release.
>>
>> 1. Do we want / need a formal JIRA release for 2.0.0-M1. Jeremy and I
>> created one earlier today, but we'd have to manually reassign each
>> JIRA
>> issue to the new release. Bulk updates overwrite the "fixed in" and
>> "afftects" attributes but we might be able to get by with just a
>> few bulk
>> changes.
>>
>> Pros :
>> * Incoming bugs can be reported against 2.0.0-M1 (and M2, M3 in the
>> future)
>> making it a bit easier for users to see when an issue was fixed or
>> introduced.
>> * Change logs can be generated for specific milestone releases.
>>
>> Cons :
>> * Some overhead populating the release, and general noise in JIRA
>> (we'll
>> need to do the same for M2 etc).
>>
>> At the moment we're leaning towards just having a single 2.0.0
>> release in
>> JIRA.
>>
>> 2. Trunk currently has a dependency on a SNAPSHOT release of the
>> geronimo
>> persistence APIs. This raises a red flag with the maven release
>> plugin. To
>> resolve the problem we can do the release manually (which is mildly
>> painful)
>> or ask Geronimo to publish a M1 release of the APIs.
>>
>> I'm inclined to get a M1 release from Geronimo. I don't like the
>> idea of
>> releasing source code which compiles against a moving target
>> (SNAPSHOT
>> releases).
>>
>> I'm open to ideas on either item. If no one's bothered either way
>> we'll go
>> with a single 2.0.0 release and try to get an M1 version of the API
>> from
>> Geronimo.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -mike
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> OpenJPA committers,
>>>
>>> An 2.0.0-M1 branch has been created (Thanks, Mike!) for the M1
>>> release.
>>> Commits can now resume on trunk.
>>> Happy committing,
>>> -Jeremy