Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/24 03:45:26 UTC

build file changes #1

Jason,

1) I think the build dir should be build/ as per other jakarta projects.
 Within that I think the jar being built should be in lib/

2) zips and tar.gzs made during the "dist" target should go in dist/
like other Jakarta projects.

3) examples should be in a package and IMHO built with the main compile
stage but <excluded> on the subsequent jar, or perhaps included in a
second bcel-examples.jar

4) "java -cp bin\classes JasminVisitor <full-class-path> " should be
noted as the launch syntax for JasminVisitor in its source.  Noted also
should be dependancy on the "examples" target

5) -projecthelp (description="xxx") would be useful on the significant
build targets.

Small things I know, but worth doing...

- Paul

Re: build file changes #1

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Jason,

>>Jason,
>>

>I usually try to follow Ceki's start at guidelines:
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/site/dirlayout.html

Not seen that before, but quite logical.  I am more used to seeing lib/
for depenadant libraries.

>I'll take any patches if you want to fix them. I will eventually take some
>time and try to move Ceki's document, along with Berin's standard build file
>suggestions and try to integrate them into Alexandria. At that point I will
>probably cleanup all the builds on all the projects I'm involved with.

I'm using IDEA wihci can't issue unified diffs (only non unified).  On
the eyes it is a small bee issue, but on ones tool choice for
application of patch it is relevant.  Your advice?

- Paul

Re: build file changes #1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 1/23/02 9:45 PM, "Paul Hammant" <Pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jason,

I usually try to follow Ceki's start at guidelines:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/dirlayout.html

I'll take any patches if you want to fix them. I will eventually take some
time and try to move Ceki's document, along with Berin's standard build file
suggestions and try to integrate them into Alexandria. At that point I will
probably cleanup all the builds on all the projects I'm involved with.

> 1) I think the build dir should be build/ as per other jakarta projects.
> Within that I think the jar being built should be in lib/
>
> 2) zips and tar.gzs made during the "dist" target should go in dist/
> like other Jakarta projects.
>
> 3) examples should be in a package and IMHO built with the main compile
> stage but <excluded> on the subsequent jar, or perhaps included in a
> second bcel-examples.jar
>
> 4) "java -cp bin\classes JasminVisitor <full-class-path> " should be
> noted as the launch syntax for JasminVisitor in its source.  Noted also
> should be dependancy on the "examples" target
>
> 5) -projecthelp (description="xxx") would be useful on the significant
> build targets.
>
> Small things I know, but worth doing...
>
> - Paul

jvz.