Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Torsten Foertsch <to...@gmx.net> on 2004/12/15 14:56:06 UTC

mod_ssl exported functions?

Hi,

I am writing a mod_perl module that makes mod_ssl optional functions
accessible via perl. I have currently implemented ssl_is_https() and
ssl_var_lookup() which is enough for my needs.

For the sake of completeness I am wondering if ssl_engine_disable() and
ssl_proxy_enable() need to be interfaced. But I don't know what they are good
for.

Please give me a hint where to look.

Thanks,
Torsten

Re: mod_ssl exported functions?

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing a mod_perl module that makes mod_ssl optional functions
> accessible via perl. I have currently implemented ssl_is_https() and
> ssl_var_lookup() which is enough for my needs.

for the record, this interface is/was already available for perl on CPAN, so
you didn't need to go uploading another interface.

> For the sake of completeness I am wondering if ssl_engine_disable() and
> ssl_proxy_enable() need to be interfaced. But I don't know what they are good
> for.

I think the utility of these in perl depend on how much we are going to be
able to configure mod_proxy from other-than-mod_proxy land, which is kinda
up in the air at the moment.  but that's just a 30 second inspection opinion...

this discussion probably belongs on the mod_perl list anyway.

--Geoff