Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Chris Owens <ct...@chris-owens.com> on 2018/02/26 18:52:31 UTC

ActiveMQ Broker Startup Sequence

I have a webapp project that runs correctly with tomEE plus 7.0.4.It uses
logback logging, and one of the loggers defined in logback.xml uses a JMS
message appenderTHe new module structure has a "core" module with all the
business logic, an "entities" module with all the entities, a "db" module
that contains only the persistence.xml and logback.xml files and supporting
resource definitions, and a "web" module that contains all the web code and
that includes all three other modules as dependencies. When I deploy the
resulting webapp, Logback tries to create the JMS Appender before the
ActiveMQ broker is up and running, which causes a connectionRefused
exception on port 61616. I have verified that the ActiveMQ broker eventually
starts correctly: I can telnet into port 61616. What should I do to ensure
that the ActiveMQ broker is up and running before logback tries to create
the appender?