Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by dE <de...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/15 13:15:07 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy's ping= parameter.

Hi,

     I was wondering about the ping worker parameter. It intends to
looks as if the ping fails (timeout), the request must not be sent to
the server.

I've set the following ProxyPass --

ProxyPass / http://[fc00::1:4]/ ping=10

I've SIGSTOPed the apache process on the backend server, so I would
expect the ping to fail and a response of 503 to be returned to the
client within 10 seconds. But before I get that, the client waits for a
full minute (possibly the default timeout parameter). Is this expected?