Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> on 2012/03/03 00:40:56 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries

Hey folks,

We're aborting in line with the 1.2.0 source release, so I've moved
the binaries https://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/1.2.0/rc2/

Thanks very much for your testing -- this week has been chaotic with
our move to Vienna so I hope to get some proper couch time again next
week.

Dirkjan, Alex - any progress to share?

A+
Dave

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
On 4 March 2012 00:49, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> I disagree. The old binary builds should be deleted by everyone. There is
> absolutely no reason to keep them around. The source release test procedure
> starts with a command to wipe your existing download and build directory.
>
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> On 3 March 2012 02:05, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>> > Dave,
>> >
>> > Please leave the binaries in place, or remove them. I, myself, leave them
>> > in place. I then replace them with for the next round. Please do not use
>> > "rcX" anywhere in the release artefact name. It sends the wrong message.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> Fixed by removing them from p.a.o. They are still available in
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeifcxpbtpo78ak/Snapshots/20120223/ for the
>> desperate.
>>
>> Having two binary releases with the same name is even more confusing
>> for people who have downloaded rejected builds. A better approach is
>> needed.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Dave

Wiki updated to reflect nslater's point.

A+
Dave

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Dave,