Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Ma...@gdc4s.com on 2013/02/06 16:35:43 UTC

Flume and JMX

I am looking to deploy and manage multiple Flume deployment through JMX.
Besides the JMXPollUtil does Flume have an hooks that would enable this?

Thanks,

Matt

This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GDC4S
S.P. 1.8.6 and GD Corporate Policy 07-105 and are intended to be
accessed only by authorized recipients.  Use, storage and transmission
are governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual
restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the
policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of
the original message.

RE: Flume and JMX

Posted by Ma...@gdc4s.com.
So just wanted to give the group some insight into how we solved this. We just created a java utility using jsch that allows us to ssh into the box and do what we want with our agents.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Matt that sounds interesting. We don't currently support any "write"
operations via JMX, only "read" operations. However I'd be interested in
having a design discussion about it if you'd like to start a thread over on
the dev@ list. Especially if you would be interested in helping out :)

Regards,
Mike

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM, <Ma...@gdc4s.com> wrote:

> Deploy, delete, start, stop, update configuration, restart, etc****
>
> ** **

RE: Flume and JMX

Posted by Ma...@gdc4s.com.

Re: Flume and JMX

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Sounds interesting. Can you give specific examples of the kinds of control
and management functions you were looking for?

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:20 AM, <Ma...@gdc4s.com> wrote:

> I want to create a utility where I can control and manage my flume agents
> from a remote machine using JMX. What I’m wondering is if flume provides
> JMX type services like your standard app containers like jboss, web sphere,
> etc. If not can we make use of the mbeans that are already there?****
>
> ** **

RE: Flume and JMX

Posted by Ma...@gdc4s.com.