Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chan Nan <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/08 08:01:32 UTC

[users@httpd] HELP - apache 2.0.48 problem - can't display webpage (always popup and ask to save)

Hi,

I've just installed the latest apache 2.0.48 on Redhat
Enterprise 2.x.  Everything went well until I've tried
to display the website (i.e. www.mydomain.com).  I got
a popup box prompting me to save it.  What am I
missing?

I got these in httpd.conf:
LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so

AddType application/x-tar .tgz
AddType image/x-icon .ico
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .html

Thanks in advanced...

=====

Re: [users@httpd] HELP - apache 2.0.48 problem - can't display webpage (always popup and ask to save)

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Chan Nan wrote:

> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .html

That's a dirty hack inherited from the NCSA httpd in 1995.
2.0, with a cleaner architecture than 1.x no longer tolerates it.

The reason it appears to "work" in MSIE is a browser bug: essentially
the same one that enables all the Outlook "viruses".

--
Nick Kew