Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Crossley <jc...@ifleet.com> on 2001/04/05 18:31:52 UTC

How cool is what?

While "walking through the example application", I came across this
quote:

"When we've introduced these type of mappings before, and mentioned that
the struts-config.xml was parsed when the ActionServlet was initialized.
But we should  make it clear that when the Struts digester parsed this
file, it actually created standard Java objects, linked as properties to
the controller. This means you don't have to edit Java source files just
to add a bunch of "new" statements. (How cool is that?)"

What does this mean exactly?  Can somebody give me a practical example
of "a bunch of new statements" and how cool their prevention is?

Thanks.
--
Jim

Re: How cool is what?

Posted by Jim Crossley <jc...@ifleet.com>.
I don't disagree that DECLARATIVE logic is pretty cool.  I'm simply
interested in a practical example so I can see how to do it using the
Struts framework.  Where do you put the declarations?  In
struts-config.xml?  Is there a required or recommended format?  How do
you access the properties of the controller?

Am I reading more into this than there really is?  Is the cool part the
Digester class, to be used as I see fit?  Or is there some automatic way
Struts supports DECLARATIVE logic.

Thanks again.

Re: How cool is what?

Posted by Joe Peer <jo...@wap-force.net>.