Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/20 13:47:21 UTC

[DISCUSS] - first release of Sling Replication

Hi all,

almost a year ago Sling Replication was contributed to Sling; it was mostly
a prototype but then in the past year me and Marius Petria (mostly) kept
working on that to make it more robust and stable (see list of issues on
Replication component [1]).

The replication stuff currently consists of three bundles:
1. org.apache.sling.replication.core is the 'core' replication
infrastructure code
2. org.apache.sling.replication.sample is a set of configurations (with
some super basic UI too) that's supposed to be used as examples
3. org.apache.sling.replication.it is an integration testing module which
fires up 2 Sling instances and executes the ITs against them to make sure
the most common use cases work correctly.

It has been presented at this year's adaptTo [2] and some documentation can
be found at [3].

I'd like to start a first release of the above 3 bundles this week.
What do you think?

Regards,
Tommaso

[1] :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/component/12323405/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:component-issues-panel
[2] : http://www.slideshare.net/teofili/data-replication-in-sling
[3] :
https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/contrib/extensions/replication/core/README.md

Re: [DISCUSS] - first release of Sling Replication

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1, let's get the first release out :)

And thanks to you and Marius for all the great work

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler