Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Roy Russo <ro...@jboss.com> on 2004/11/30 15:29:52 UTC

slide and jboss

I'm curious if anyone has been able to get authentication to work in jboss.
Commenting out the lines in web.xml, brings up a login prompt, using
DAVExplorer, but no username or passwords are accepted.

My log spits out the following:
09:21:29,624 ERROR [UsersRolesLoginModule] Failed to load
users/passwords/role files
java.io.IOException: Properties file users.properties not found
        at
org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule.loadProperties(UsersRolesLoginModule.java:217)
        at
org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule.loadUsers(UsersRolesLoginModule.java:234)
        at
org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule.initialize(UsersRolesLoginModule.java:100)
        at
        at
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:662)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:129)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:610)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule(LoginContext.java:607)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:534)
        at
org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManager.defaultLogin(JaasSecurityManager.java:491)
        at
org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManager.authenticate(JaasSecurityManager.java:442)

Moving a users.properties file around in the slide.war seems to do
absolutely nothing. I'm not sure if this is the way to go, either, and I may
be missing something simple.

I'm currently evaluating slide for use in JBoss Portal.

Roy Russo