Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu> on 2016/02/18 20:23:54 UTC

continuous integration for Rya as GSOC project?

Hi all,

I though that one of the proposed projects for Rya at GSoC could be to have
a student working on setting up continuous integration / automatic builds
for Rya. Those with more experience in something like that, can you please
comment on what would be needed for such a project?

Thanks,
Adina

--
Dr. Adina Crainiceanu
http://www.usna.edu/Users/cs/adina/

Re: continuous integration for Rya as GSOC project?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
No worries! Advertising for interest is still good at this point.
Refining tasks to be an appropriate length seems prudent now.

WRT infra, it depends a lot on what you (collective "you" as the
project) want to see tested and how you as developers get the test
results. For example:

* Do devs deploy on their own machines (local, ec2) or use some
packaging (Vagrant, Docker, RPMs/DEBs+scripting)
* What defines "correctness" for Rya? What about "performance"? How do
you measure them?
* How far do unit tests get you? Integration tests? What, if any, new
tests does Rya need?

At a high level, that's what is always on my mind. I don't have enough
context to say what I think Rya should have, but that's at least my
thought process :)

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.