Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net> on 2004/10/21 08:18:38 UTC

Re: mod_include patch

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Torsten [iso-8859-15] Förtsch wrote:

> > Why don't you just use addoutputfilterbytype?
>
> because I am using another mod_perl output filter that should be called
> *after* INCLUDES.
>
> There is a PerlSetOutputFilter directive that preserves filter ordering but it
> adds the filter unconditionally.

You'll be looking for http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/mod/mod_filter.html

(but if any of your filters have a nontrivial filter_init handler, you may
have to bug me to fix a bug in that first).

--
Nick Kew

Re: mod_include patch

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 October 2004 18:49, André Malo wrote:
> > > I want to use SSI with CGI scripts. Thus, I have configured the INCLUDES
> > > filter for my cgi-bin. But my CGI scripts generate not only text/html
> > > documents. Hence my problem, I want to say mod_include to handle only
> > > documents with content-type text/html even if the content-type is
> > > changed by the response phase.
> >
> > Why don't you just use addoutputfilterbytype?
>
> because I am using another mod_perl output filter that should be called
> *after* INCLUDES.

Sorry, but I don't see, why this is an argument to potentially modifiy all
filter modules out there. The more logical thing seems to be, to either use
another filter type (e.g. RESOUCRE + 1) (don't know, how this is possible
with perl filters) or to fix the capabilities of mod_perl.

Adding yet another config option to httpd / mod_include, just because some
module out there cannot handle the core features -- even if it's mod_perl --
is not an option.

nd
--
s;.*;aaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa:a:alataa:aaoat:a:a:a
maoaa:a:laoata:a:oia:a:o:a:m:a:o:alaoooat:aaool:aaoaa