Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "dariusz.holda" <da...@lehman.com> on 2007/12/05 13:08:16 UTC

AutoCompleteTextField problem

Hi,
I have AutoCompleteTextField with
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange"). When the value is chosen from
the auto complete it populates the model object of a drop down. Both of the
components are in a form. The problem is it is working only the first time.
Then IE reports Error on Page: Object required. I've tried to debug the
error in FireFox but when I'm using Firefox it works fine with no error. If
I use DropDownChoice instead of AutoCompleteTextField it works with no
errors as well.
I'm using wicket-1.2.6 and wicket-extensions-1.2.6. Has anybody seen
something like this? Is it a bug in 1.2.6 AutoCompleteTextField for IE?
Unfortunately I almost all of the clients are using IE and it has to work
with this browser.
Here is the code snippet:
acTextField.add(new AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange"){

				@Override
				public void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target){
					String name = acTextField.getModelObjectAsString();
					dropDown.setModelObject(name);
					target.addComponent(form);
				}
			});

dropDown and acTextField are added to the form.

RE: AutoCompleteTextField problem

Posted by "Holda, Dariusz" <da...@lehman.com>.
I've put the AutoComplete outside the form and then it works. It
refreshes the DropDown and it can refresh the whole form as well.
Thx for help on that.

Regards,
Dariusz

Posted by wicket user <di...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Holda, Dariusz" <da...@lehman.com>.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: AutoCompleteTextField problem

Posted by Dipu Seminlal <di...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Dipu Seminlal <di...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Holda, Dariusz" <da...@lehman.com>.
Onblur is not the thing I want but I've tried it and it doesn't work.

can you try changing the event from onchange to onblur

On Dec 5, 2007 12:08 PM, dariusz.holda <da...@lehman.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have AutoCompleteTextField with
> AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange"). When the value is
chosen
> from
> the auto complete it populates the model object of a drop down. Both
of
> the
> components are in a form. The problem is it is working only the first
> time.
> Then IE reports Error on Page: Object required. I've tried to debug
the
> error in FireFox but when I'm using Firefox it works fine with no
error.
> If
> I use DropDownChoice instead of AutoCompleteTextField it works with no
> errors as well.
> I'm using wicket-1.2.6 and wicket-extensions-1.2.6. Has anybody seen
> something like this? Is it a bug in 1.2.6 AutoCompleteTextField for
IE?
> Unfortunately I almost all of the clients are using IE and it has to
work
> with this browser.
> Here is the code snippet:
> acTextField.add(new AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange"){
>
>                                private static final long
serialVersionUID

Posted by Dipu Seminlal <di...@googlemail.com>.