Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/26 00:28:50 UTC

rebuild of httpd-2.2.X with apr-1.4.8 and apr-util.1-4-2

Under the assumption that the httpd-2.2.X branch is suppossed to be runninf
under the apr*-1.4.X branches I am rebuilding all from scratch and
including make check.

With apr-1.4.8 on AIX I am getting an error - testsock returns 1-of 9
errors.
More difficult for me is the apr-util make check failure:
===
testxml             : SUCCESS
testxlate           : |/bin/sh[17]: 815296 Segmentation fault(coredump)
Programs failed: testall
make[1]: *** [check] Error 139
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/prj/apache/apr/apr-util-1.4.2/test'
make: *** [check] Error 2
root@x093:[/data/prj/apache/apr/apr-util-1.4.2]
===
1. Does anyone remember if this is something seen before, and hopefully not
important.
2. What is the simple change to the tests to skip testxlate and run to
finish, and worry about testxlate later.

p.s. cross posting (hope that is okay) as I have an embedded question:
should I even be bothering with the apr*1.4.X versions?

Re: rebuild of httpd-2.2.X with apr-1.4.8 and apr-util.1-4-2

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Under the assumption that the httpd-2.2.X branch is suppossed to be
> runninf under the apr*-1.4.X branches I am rebuilding all from scratch and
> including make check.

httpd 2.2.x works with apr/apr-util 1.4.x or 1.5.x branches (perhaps 1.3.x
branches too)

> With apr-1.4.8 on AIX I am getting an error - testsock returns 1-of 9
> errors.
> More difficult for me is the apr-util make check failure:
> ===
> testxml             : SUCCESS
> testxlate           : |/bin/sh[17]: 815296 Segmentation fault(coredump)
> Programs failed: testall
> make[1]: *** [check] Error 139
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/prj/apache/apr/apr-util-1.4.2/test'
> make: *** [check] Error 2
> root@x093:[/data/prj/apache/apr/apr-util-1.4.2]
> ===
> 1. Does anyone remember if this is something seen before, and hopefully
> not important.
> 2. What is the simple change to the tests to skip testxlate and run to
> finish, and worry about testxlate later.

 Maybe configure apr-util with "--without-iconv" is the easiest?

Or edit test/testxlate.c and disable the call to abts_run_test() in
testxlate()...

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/

Re: rebuild of httpd-2.2.X with apr-1.4.8 and apr-util.1-4-2

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all.

I was thinking it might need to be the 1.4 versions "officially" as that is
what buildconf was asking for.

I'll try and chase down the testxlate test later, but probably from the
trunk version rather than something "old".

FYI - for both the httpd-2.2.X and httpd-2.4.X I am packaging with apr and
apr-util external to the httpd base.

Michael

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.