Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Mark Herkrath <he...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2021/03/01 08:05:03 UTC

Re: Dark title bar in NetBeans 12.3

Hi Karl,

Thanks a lot for giving these insights and for providing a feasible way how to enable it with the existing NB 12.3 version already. It wasn’t clear to me that FlatLaf has a build-in way to set DefaultLookAndFeelDecorated already. Nice! I have tested it and it works just fine but the issues you have listed. At least to me, none of them are very meaningful though.

Chris got a point about the search bar, I thought the same. While it would be nice to have the extra space freed by the embedded menu bar, the menus, the title, and the search bar would take too much room for narrow NB window scenarios as well. I also guess that it’s not possible to place the search bar right aligned after the title as it’s currently due to API constrains. Is it Karl?

So as long as NetBeans doesn’t move the search feature into a dedicated dialog independent of the used L&F, I feel it would be better to not use the embed the menu bar.

Regards,
Mark