Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ryan Cuprak <rc...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/29 02:50:45 UTC

Building NetBeans on Mac

Hi,
 I am trying to build NetBeans on the Mac and have been running into an odd compiler error (bottom of email).

 I am running with the following:
Graalvm 11 (Enterprise)
jenv managing Java versions

Command line:
ant -Dcluster.config=basic -Dpermit.jdk9.builds=true

I build the exact same code base on a Linux VM no problem with the only difference being I am using AdoptOpenJDK 11 managed by sdkman.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Interesting, when I do an ls:
ls /Volumes/Pendelton/open-source/netbeans/platform/applemenu/build
classes			classes-generated	depcache		notice-temp

 There is no "desktop-classes-classes” - it also does not exist on Linux when I build there but the compiler there doesn’t fail.

Thanks,
-Ryan

Build Output:
 -javac-init-nbjdk:
Trying to override old definition of task custom-javac

-javac-init-bootclasspath-prepend:

-javac-init-no-bootclasspath-prepend:

-javac-init:

-init-proxy:

init:

-prepare-mandatory-files-for-module:
[createlicensesummary] All tests passed

up-to-date:

-pre-compile:

-do-compile:
 [nb-javac] Compiling 7 source files to /Volumes/Pendelton/open-source/netbeans/platform/applemenu/build/classes
   [repeat] warning: [path] bad path element "/Volumes/Pendelton/open-source/netbeans/platform/applemenu/build/desktop-classes-classes": no such file or directory
   [repeat] error: Source option 6 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later.
   [repeat] error: Target option 6 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later.
  [nbmerge] Failed to build target: all-applemenu