Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org> on 2004/06/29 01:06:05 UTC

Invoking multiproject from within a plugin

I'm trying to move some common goals into an internal plugin. One of
them invokes multiproject:goal, but multiproject complains that the
goal property is not set, even though I set it before the call:

  <goal name="mdb:build-multi">
    <j:set var="goal" value="mdb:build-only"/>
    <attainGoal name="multiproject:goal"/>
  </goal>

I verified with debug that 'goal' is not set in the plugin, but I
don't know why, since I do the j:set beforehand. Do I need to set
properties differently in a plugin? I also tried:

  <maven:set plugin="multiproject" property="goal" value="mdb:build-only"/>

but with the same result. I'm running RC4 and Multiproject 1.3.1.
Thanks for any leads.

    Jeff

--
mailto:jeff@frenches.org

Re: Invoking multiproject from within a plugin

Posted by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org>.
Thanks, Brett, you rock! I tried things like depending on a
multiproject:dependency-handle to no avail, but I hadn't thought about
using scope="parent". It worked great.

  Jeff

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.