Posted to user@geode.apache.org by "evaristo.camarero@yahoo.es" <ev...@yahoo.es> on 2022/04/28 10:09:56 UTC

INSTRUMENT GEODE SERVER FUNCTIONS

Hi there,

 Geode documentation provides instructions tointegrate Geode with external monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus) in this link(https://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/114/tools_modules/micrometer/micrometer-overview.html).This is a nice feature by the way that I think it was introduced in ApacheGeode 1.9.

 Our application relies on Server Functions andcould be interesting to instrument those in order to get some metrics (functionworked as expected, or if NOT to know what are the kind of unexpectedsituations). Is there any way to do that? My understanding is that Geode isusing Micrometer, and is able to register their own metrics in a Micrometerregistry and from there metrics are exposed (e.g., via HTTP server in case ofPrometheus). I think the missing piece here is being to access to theMicrometer registry from server functions to allow custom metrics integration.

 Is my assumption correct? Is there anyworkaround that allows the goal I am trying to achieve?

 Assuming the goal is NOT possible today, is thissomething interesting for a new feature?

 Thanks in advance

 /Evaristo