Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Gershaw, Geoffrey" <ge...@credit-suisse.com> on 2013/07/26 19:37:43 UTC

Socket Programming and Camel

Hi All,

I'm giving up on being able to send a message to a socket and receive
several messages in response from Mina. Looking at Netty, and it looks
to be the same issue.

Goal:

1. Send a msg over a socket to a server.

2. On the same port, receive n msgs in response to the request.

>From what I have seen, it appears you can only get a single response
from a request. Am I right? If true, this limits the mina/netty to
request reply use cases.

Thanks again!!

Geoffrey A Gershaw

CREDIT SUISSE

Information Technology | Credit eTrading Development, KFVB 525

7033 Louis Stephens Drive | 27560 Research Triangle Park | United States

Phone +1 919 994 6412

geoffrey.gershaw@credit-suisse.com | www.credit-suisse.com
<http://www.credit-suisse.com/>

Re: Socket Programming and Camel

Posted by vjboston <vj...@gmail.com>.
Do you have a sample example of this ? I need to do socket programming using
request response methdology.

Re: Socket Programming and Camel

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yes they are currently request/reply based on a single message.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Gershaw, Geoffrey
<ge...@credit-suisse.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I'm giving up on being able to send a message to a socket and receive
> several messages in response from Mina. Looking at Netty, and it looks
> to be the same issue.
>

> Goal:
>

> 1. Send a msg over a socket to a server.
>
> 2. On the same port, receive n msgs in response to the request.
>

> From what I have seen, it appears you can only get a single response
> from a request. Am I right? If true, this limits the mina/netty to
> request reply use cases.
>

> Thanks again!!
>

> Geoffrey A Gershaw
>
> CREDIT SUISSE
>
> Information Technology | Credit eTrading Development, KFVB 525
>
> 7033 Louis Stephens Drive | 27560 Research Triangle Park | United States
>
> Phone +1 919 994 6412
>
> geoffrey.gershaw@credit-suisse.com | www.credit-suisse.com
> <http://www.credit-suisse.com/>

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Socket Programming and Camel

Posted by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk>.
You could have a look at websockets. It might fit your usecase better.
http://camel.apache.org/websocket.html