Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Davis Ford <da...@zenoconsulting.biz> on 2009/02/25 17:02:54 UTC

ivy integration with eclipse / intellij?

Hi, I'm looking at trying to incorporate ivy into our build system.
One of the biggest headaches we face is getting an IDE project to
actually work (i.e. classpath, etc. is functional).  This is a large
project.  I get the whole idea of dependency management, and I follow
how to make that happen.  What I'm looking for is something akin to
the maven eclipse + intellij plugins.  For example:

$ mvn eclipse:eclipse <- generates eclipse .classpath / .project /
.settings files that just make the project *work* if you import it
$ mvn intellij:intellij <- ditto for intellij

I realize there is an IvyDE eclipse plugin, but this is kind of after
the fact.  I want to generate the .classpath, etc. from an ant task,
and just import the project.

I found these:

http://code.google.com/p/ivy-eclipse/
http://code.google.com/p/intellij-ivy-plugin/

But there is very little documentation on how to use them -- the
ivy-eclipse has zero docs / examples.

Thanks in advance!

Davis

--
Zeno Consulting, Inc.
home: http://www.zenoconsulting.biz

Re: ivy integration with eclipse / intellij?

Posted by Jing Xue <ji...@digizenstudio.com>.
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:02:54AM -0500, Davis Ford wrote:
> I realize there is an IvyDE eclipse plugin, but this is kind of after
> the fact.  I want to generate the .classpath, etc. from an ant task,
> and just import the project.

Hi,

This little ant task I put together does the classpath part.

http://www.digizenstudio.com/blog/2009/02/13/ivy-ant-task-to-maintain-eclipse-classpaths/

It's one simple class that can be compiled straightforwardly with
ant.jar and ivy.jar, so I didn't bother to wrap it up in a project.

Cheers
--
Jing Xue