Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2008/05/14 16:36:48 UTC

Re: Initializing multi-value checkbox selections (Bug?)

Can anyone please have a look at this - not sure
what the real problem is (syntax?  code?)

Thanks
Derek

>>> On 2008/05/08 at 03:51, in message <48...@csir.co.za>, "Derek Hohls" <DH...@csir.co.za> wrote:
Using Cocoon 2.1.8

I am struggling to get a multi-value form widget to show
items as "checked".   The form definition looks like this:

<fd:multivaluefield id="aMulti">
  <fd:label>Transport</fd:label>
  <fd:datatype base="string"/>
  <fd:selection-list>
    <fd:item value="bike" checked="true"><fd:label>Bike</fd:label></fd:item>
    <fd:item value="car" checked="true"><fd:label>Car</fd:label></fd:item>
  </fd:selection-list>
</fd:multivaluefield>

but the resulting form does not show any items as checked.

I do not have the same problem with radio boxes; eg.
<fd:field id="aRadio">
  <fd:label>1.1 Age:</fd:label>
  <fd:datatype base="string"/>
  <fd:selection-list>
    <fd:item value="under 25" checked="true"><fd:label>under 25</fd:label></fd:item>
    <fd:item value="over 25" ><fd:label>over 25</fd:label></fd:item>
  </fd:selection-list>
</fd:field>

shows up just fine.

Is this is a syntax issue?  (The above also applies if I use checked="checked").

Thanks,
Derek