Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Todd <bi...@163.com> on 2014/12/17 15:16:58 UTC

How many blocks does one input split have?

Hi Hadoopers,

I got a question about how many blocks does one input split have? It is random or the number can be configured or fixed(can't be changed)?
Thanks!

Re: Re: How many blocks does one input split have?

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
1 maptask = 1 input split, but a Mapperclass can handle multiple tasks
albeit one at a time..

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "bit1129@163.com" <bi...@163.com>.

Posted by "bit1129@163.com" <bi...@163.com>.

Posted by "bit1129@163.com" <bi...@163.com>.

Posted by "bit1129@163.com" <bi...@163.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Well formulated answer, thanks for sharing!

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.