Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Montgomery, Kendal L" <ke...@qwest.com> on 2001/05/04 17:43:27 UTC

Trouble with mod_jk.so

Hello all,

I have built Apache 1.3.19 and tomcat 3.2.1, but I'm having trouble getting
my mod_jk.so to work.  I just build it also, but when I try to run apache
with this module loaded I get:

Syntax error on line 203 of
/home/01/klmontg/servers/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /home/01/klmontg/servers/usr/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into
server: l
d.so.1: /home/01/klmontg/servers/usr/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation
error:
file /home/01/klmontg/servers/usr/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: symbol
ap_table_get:
 referenced symbol not found

BTW - I am running SunOS 5.6 sparc.

I have used the instructions for compiling mod_jk from the user guide, as
well as some other things, but am having no luck.

I can't figure this one out, so any help is appreciated!

Kendal L. Montgomery
Qwest - eFlow Development Team
614-215-4937

Re: Trouble with mod_jk.so

Posted by "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>.
ap_table_get is defined in the Apache httpd executable linked in at
compile time from src/main/libmain.a and referenced in mod_jk.so (and most
others). How did you compile Apache? Does it run without the
mod_jk.so LoadModule inclusion?

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Montgomery, Kendal L wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have built Apache 1.3.19 and tomcat 3.2.1, but I'm having trouble getting
> my mod_jk.so to work.  I just build it also, but when I try to run apache
> with this module loaded I get:
>
> Syntax error on line 203 of
> /home/01/klmontg/servers/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /home/01/klmontg/servers/usr/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into
> server: l
> d.so.1: /home/01/klmontg/servers/usr/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation
> error:
> file /home/01/klmontg/servers/usr/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: symbol
> ap_table_get:
>  referenced symbol not found
>
> BTW - I am running SunOS 5.6 sparc.
>
> I have used the instructions for compiling mod_jk from the user guide, as
> well as some other things, but am having no luck.
>
> I can't figure this one out, so any help is appreciated!
>
> Kendal L. Montgomery
> Qwest - eFlow Development Team
> 614-215-4937

"Mon aeroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"

John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services Group