Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Marcus Dickerhof <ma...@web.de> on 2002/08/30 22:14:43 UTC

Authentification with SlideRealm -->ManagedBean?

Hi everybody,

Is there anybody out there, who actually could manage to configure slide to do the authentification of users with the SlideRealm and Tomcat 4.1.9? (I managed authentification with the tomcat-users.xml without any problems).

First of all I get a Exception when I start up tomcat --> ManagedBean not found with SlideRealm

and then I never manage to login with users defined in the domain.xml. He just blocks everbody.

Has anybody got a simple example (for instance a sample domain.xml and web.xml + logins & passwords that should be working)?
When I take the sample domain.xml file in the slide documentation, which login-password combination should be working when everything else is configured correctly?

Or does the problem have to do with the Exception at the beginning?

Thank you very much in advance

Marcus Dickerhof

Re: Authentification with SlideRealm -->ManagedBean?

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.
Marcus Dickerhof a écrit:

>Hi everybody,
>
>Is there anybody out there, who actually could manage to configure slide to do the authentification of users with the SlideRealm and Tomcat 4.1.9? (I managed authentification with the tomcat-users.xml without any problems).
>
>First of all I get a Exception when I start up tomcat --> ManagedBean not found with SlideRealm

Remove MBean related things from your server.xml and do not use (for now
I hope;-)) J2EEStore that only works deploying slide as a webapp.

>and then I never manage to login with users defined in the domain.xml. He just blocks everbody.
>
>Has anybody got a simple example (for instance a sample domain.xml and web.xml + logins & passwords that should be working)?
>When I take the sample domain.xml file in the slide documentation, which login-password combination should be working when everything else is configured correctly?
>
>Or does the problem have to do with the Exception at the beginning?
>

>Thank you very much in advance
>
>Marcus Dickerhof

Jp