Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2018/02/01 12:08:26 UTC

RE: Apache NetBeans Update Center through mirrors?

Hi
This is borderline to the thread but the discussion on maven repo lead me to this question:
Would it be worth having a maven repository for the plugins portal  ?
Would be nice to handle the plugins in a platform during build time.

Regards
Eric

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 at 12:08 Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi
> This is borderline to the thread but the discussion on maven repo lead me
> to this question:
> Would it be worth having a maven repository for the plugins portal  ?
> Would be nice to handle the plugins in a platform during build time.

Agreed, although I think a concern, which already exists with the plugin
portal, would be around licenses?  Not sure we can host binaries that are
not Apache license compatible through Apache infrastructure?  My personal
assumption is that we'll end up having to find a way to separate plugin
portal / catalog from the actual plugins.

Best wishes,

Neil
--
Neil C Smith