Posted to user@struts.apache.org by shobbi <sh...@dataspectrumllc.com> on 2012/04/17 09:13:39 UTC

AJAX Advice

Hi all, your advice is greatly appreciated. I need to use AJAX in my Struts2
2.1.8 web application. What is the best option?

I see DOJO mentioned in many places including Stuts2 official site. Also I
see warning on the same site about the deprecation of the DOJO plugin. So
I'm bit confused and want to start right.

Many Thanks, Sal.

Re: AJAX Advice

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
Take a peek at this <http://struts2-jquery.appspot.com/home.action>

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:13 AM, shobbi <sh...@dataspectrumllc.com> wrote:

> Hi all, your advice is greatly appreciated. I need to use AJAX in my
> Struts2
> 2.1.8 web application. What is the best option?
>
> I see DOJO mentioned in many places including Stuts2 official site. Also I
> see warning on the same site about the deprecation of the DOJO plugin. So
> I'm bit confused and want to start right.
>
> Many Thanks, Sal.

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what
they do." Andrew Carnegie

Re: AJAX Advice

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org>.
One option is to use the Struts2 jQuery Plugin for Ajax and Widgets.
But you can also use any JavaScript Framework to do this Job without any
Struts2 Plugins.

That's dependent from your Project.

https://code.google.com/p/struts2-jquery/

Take a look at the Showcases to see how the Struts2 jQuery Plugin works.

http://www.weinfreund.de/struts2-jquery-showcase/index.action
http://www.weinfreund.de/struts2-jquery-grid-showcase/index.action
http://www.weinfreund.de/struts2-jquery-mobile-showcase/index.action

Johannes