Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andoni <an...@indigo.ie> on 2003/08/06 12:43:14 UTC

Name JDBC is not bound in this context.

Hi,

I am getting this error in my log files:

name jdbc is not bound in this context

and I cannot see any reason why.  I have found multiple examples on the web but nobody seems to answer queries about it!  My program is using Tomcat 4.0.4 connection pooling and seems to be working fine (if a little slow) so I cannot see what could be wrong.

Can anyone help me?

Please!

Andoni.

Re: Name JDBC is not bound in this context.

Posted by Andoni <an...@indigo.ie>.
Hi,

I think this might be because I have the .war file that is using the JNDI
connection pooling loading as the default context.

Because it is in the /webapps folder it is also loading as the /<name>
context, even though I have nothing specified for this in server.xml.

But this one I have no JNDI resources for, so it produses an error.

Is there any way I can stop webapps loading by default?

Andoni.