Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Shinichiro Abe <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/10 07:03:57 UTC

Re: Does anyone want to handle the release of the solr 6.x plugin?

Hi,

I just fixed tests to pass now, r1743105.

Regards,
Shinichiro Abe

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Karl,

Thanks for the info.

I changed version to 2.2.
Committed revision 1743173.

thanks,
ahmet

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 4:21 PM, Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ahmet,

The versions of the plugins are independent of MCF releases.  There was a
discussion about how we number them a long while back, but basically we
increment the major version when there's new functionality required from
ManifoldCF itself, and the minor version lines up across different solr
releases.  Complicated, I know...

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ahmet,

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Specifically, the version number for the release should probably be 2.2,
since that's the 5.x version that's been released.  Unless there are
functional changes, we should do the same for 6.x?

So, solr-6.x/trunk should have a pom.xml version of:

  <version>2.2-SNAPSHOT</version>

...  which I'll then upgrade when I create the release branch.

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,