Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2003/09/29 03:19:27 UTC

unicameral solution

Have been thinking along the same lines - although I wasn't able to
capture the essence as nicely as Andrew :-).

To rephrase Andrew's tricameral process, recasting with veto in mind ...

1. A Sponsoring Entity votes to accept a candidate
2. The Sponsoring Entity votes to exit the candidate.
3. Incubator PMC hold the right to veto.

This would bring us to a unicameral solution while maintaining
appropriate checks and balances through the diligence of the Incubator.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: unicameral solution

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> To rephrase Andrew's tricameral process, recasting with veto in mind ...
>
> 1. A Sponsoring Entity votes to accept a candidate

not necessary.

> 2. The Sponsoring Entity votes to exit the candidate.

not applicable.

> 3. Incubator PMC hold the right to veto.

not true.  the incubator is the *sole* authority.

you appear to have the wrong end of the stick here, stephen.  the
sponsor is merely a bystander, something like the parent of a child
in school.  to follow that imperfect analogy, the incubator is the
school -- nothing the parent can do will affect whether the child
graduates or not.  the parent simply has the option of welcoming
the graduate -- or disowning it.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"