Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Colin W. Kingsbury" <ck...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/15 16:25:35 UTC

Received header count exceeds maximum

Hi,

I am using a 2.2 version of James on a Linux box and I recently got a
bounced message with the following error message.

Hi. This is the James mail server at localhost.localdomain.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.  Below
I include the list of recipients and the reason why I was unable to deliver
your message.

mmoulaison@zoll.com
552 antispam.zollmed.com: your "received:" header counts of 20 exceeds
maximum setting 15

The original message is attached.

<<<

Looking at the headers from the original message it clearly looks like it
got bounced around for a while before trying to be sent outside but I will
confess it is a complete mystery to me why this might be. The only thing
that is peculiar to our configuration is that we are redirecting all emails
sent to *@*.ourdomain.com to a central mailbox, while *@ourdomain.com goes
to individual recipients' boxes. We have a DNS A record created for each *
subdomain that is used.

Here are the headers from the original message:

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 1002

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 0

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 716

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 693

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 152

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 20

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 891

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 914

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 17

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 390

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 44

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 696

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 720

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:57 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 907

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:56 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 643

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:56 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 80

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:56 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 724

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:56 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 368

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:56 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 656

for <mm...@zoll.com>;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:56 -0600 (CST)

by localhost.localdomain (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) with SMTP ID 753;

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:07:55 -0600 (CST)

From: "Colin Kingsbury" <ck...@hrmdirect.com>

To: <mm...@zoll.com>

Subject: Email Update