Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Incia Anand <h2...@goa.bits-pilani.ac.in> on 2017/09/08 14:57:09 UTC

good evening

Im trying to study mesos for my project and i need to create some tasks and
do a health check on them. can you tell me the exact waay i should create
the tasks to do so

Re: [E] good evening

Posted by "Hansen, Timothy" <ti...@verizon.com>.
What type of health check would you like to do? In mesos you may use a command health check, http(s), or a tcp health check.

If you are running a command health check, it runs the specified command and looks for a return value of 0.

A http healthcheck hits an endpoint, and accepts for the codes from 200-399 as valid.

A tcp healthcheck attempts to connect to a port, success  is if it can establish  a connection,  otherwise it's a failure.

The healthcheck you want depends largely on what type of task you are running. Is it a webserver? An API you've  made? Is it a one off, long running task? Etc, a bit more detail is needed to help you out.