Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arunkumar Janarthanan <ar...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/07 16:49:43 UTC

mod_proxy SSL protocol support for balancermember

Hi,

I am using Apache 2.2.22 version on RHEL5 and there are instances runs for
credit card data processing, now that the communication between Apache and
Tomcat through proxy balancing uses AJP protocol for the communication and
data tranfer.

I was wondering if there is a way we can use HTTPS protocol in Apache
balancer member after enabling SSL on tomcat engine.

I did enable https on balancer configuration which doesn't work for me got
a 500 error without any appropriate error message on Apache logs.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Arun Janarthanan

Re: mod_proxy SSL protocol support for balancermember

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: mod_proxy SSL protocol support for balancermember

Posted by Arunkumar Janarthanan <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response Gentlemen, I am not really particular about the AJP
for secure communication as long as I can use https that should work for
me, the reason for specific secure communication between Apache and Tomcat
is the PCI compliance enforcing us not to have any other protocol other
than https.

Arun Janarthanan

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Vladimir,

Vladimir Girnet wrote:
 > Here is my working configuration - httpd proxy (also on RHEL 5)
 > ----------------------
 >   SSLProxyEngine On
 >   <Proxy balancer://tomcat_cluster>
 >     BalancerMember https://10.10.10.11:8443
 >     BalancerMember https://10.10.10.12:8443
 >   </Proxy>
 >

 >   # Pass requests to balancer
 >   ProxyPass / balancer://tomcat_cluster/
 >   ProxyPassReverse / balancer://tomcat_cluster/
 > ---------------------
 >
 > --

Yes, but this is not using the AJP protocol.
The AJP protocol does not support SSL (so using mod_proxy_AJP will not work, and mod_jk
neither)
If you really need AJP, there are possibilities using SSL tunnels etc. Search the list
archives for those.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
did you setJKLogLevel debug in httpd.conf? http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/apache.html
install the debug version of redirector (instead of release) quiesce TCbounce Apachereboot TC
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung