Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Markus Wiese <ma...@uumail.de> on 2002/04/18 13:01:48 UTC

euro-sign not working

Hello,
I guess this must be a "no-brainer" for at least somebody.
I even got embedded thai-letters rendered to pdf, but cannot
get a single euro sign to appear. I inconporated any ttf-font
"showing" the sign, I can think of, but to no avail.
Is using &#x80; promising at all? Or do I have to embed
SVG or even GIF?

Re: euro-sign not working

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
We're talking Unicode here, not Windows Encoding. Try &#x20AC;
This works in doc/examples/fo/fonts.fo.

> I guess this must be a "no-brainer" for at least somebody.
> I even got embedded thai-letters rendered to pdf, but cannot
> get a single euro sign to appear. I inconporated any ttf-font
> "showing" the sign, I can think of, but to no avail.
> Is using &#x80; promising at all? Or do I have to embed
> SVG or even GIF?

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch