Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2008/04/03 21:51:47 UTC

[2.0.9 RC8] Release Candidate testing

RC8 posted to solve this regression.
http://people.apache.org/~brianf/staging-repository/org/apache/maven/apa
che-maven/

-----Original Message-----
From: Kaizer H. Sogiawala [mailto:kaizers@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:51 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: [2.0.9 RC7] Release Candidate testing

I debugged through the source and can confirm
"<directory>${basedir}</directory>" is the issue.

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:42 AM, John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>
wrote:
> FWIW, using:
>
>  <build>
>   <directory>${basedir}</directory>
>  </build>
>
>  will express this error. See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3498
>
>  I have the fix, just need to get it cleaned up and committed.
>
>  -john
>

>  On Apr 3, 2008, at 11:23 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
>

> > -1 could be empty string, and there were some hacks in the project
> > builder that set expressions to that. I know that the path
translator
> > was effected by interpolation changes, even though indirectly,
because
> > the values got interpolated after instead of before.
> >
> > I'd look at those changes - though a POM that reproduces it is
> > probably necessary to do so.
> >
> > - Brett
> >
> > On 04/04/2008, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
> >
> > > Do you have a way to reproduce this? The DefaultPathTranslator
class
> > >  hasn't changed since 2.0.6 so it must be a higher level change
we're
> > >  looking for.

RC)
> > >  builds. Here is what I see-

"windows"
> > >  [DEBUG] Building Maven user-level plugin registry from:
'C:\Documents
> > >  and Settings\blip\.m2\plugin-registry.xml'
> > >  [DEBUG] Building Maven global-level plugin registry from:
'C:\Program
> > >  Files\maven\bin\..\conf\plugin-registry.xml'
> > >  [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> > >  :
> > >  : *blip blip*
> > >  :
> > >  [INFO]

> > >  [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> > >  [INFO]

> > >  [INFO] String index out of range: -1
> > >  [INFO]

> > >  [DEBUG] Trace
> > >  java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of
range:
> -1
> > >        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
> > >        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1735)
> > >        at

org.apache.maven.project.path.DefaultPathTranslator.stripBasedirToken(De
> > >  faultPathTranslator.java:101)
> > >        at

org.apache.maven.project.path.DefaultPathTranslator.alignToBaseDirectory
> > >  (DefaultPathTranslator.java:82)
> > >        at

org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.processProjectLogic(
> > >  DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:992)
> > >        at

org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal(Defaul
> > >  tMavenProjectBuilder.java:867)
> > >        at

org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileI
> > >  nternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:495)
> > >        at

org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenPr
> > >  ojectBuilder.java:198)
> > >        at
> > >  org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:583)
> > >        at

org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:461)
> > >        at
> > >  org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:365)
> > >        at
> > >  org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:292)
> > >        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
> > >        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
> > >        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
> > >        at

> > >  a:39)
> > >        at

> > >  Impl.java:25)
> > >        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> > >        at

> > >        at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
> > >        at

> > >        at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> > >  [INFO]

> > >  [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
> > >  [INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 02 21:40:25 PDT 2008
> > >  [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
> > >  [INFO]

> > >  --- SNIP ---
> > >
> > >  This project is working fine with a 2.0.9-SNAPSHOT build with
> > >  following date/time stamp-
> > >
> > >  #Generated by Maven
> > >  #Thu Feb 21 21:53:42 PST 2008
> > >  version=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT
> > >  groupId=org.apache.maven
> > >  artifactId=maven-core
> > >
> > >  --
> > >
> > >  Our build system uses multiple plugins developed inhouse with
> > >  packaging type and forked lifecycle.

> > >  It

> > >  seem

This

--
+ Kaizer H. Sogiawala +

RE: [2.0.9 RC8] Release Candidate testing

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Yeah! Someone who locks them down!

Summary of what I sent to the user list: If you're locking them down
yourself, this will have no effect. It will also not affect the enforcer
plugin output.

[...]

:)

Posted by Sejal Patel <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Jason, nothing written yet. The effect is the same as putting the
versions in the pluginManagement of your corp pom. If you have defined
them in your poms then those will override the superpom.

The enforcer rule walks the tree and does not look at the super pom so
it will still tell you which plugins are not defined in your pom
hierarchy.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Thanks everyone for the testing. Nothing has turned up in several days
so we'll move forward with the official release.

--Brian

Posted by Erez Nahir <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Kaizer H. Sogiawala" <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1